Tuesday, April 24, 2012

No-han

It's foolish to "feel sorry" for a guy due $50M this year and next, but damn it, can anyone buy Johan Santana a run, let alone a win?

Christ on a crutch, I scored more in high school than the Mets have for #57 this year. I know he's matched against other aces but scratch out a run or two for him sometime.

Johan was fucking DEALING tonight. 6.2 IP, 3 hits, 1 run, 2 walks, and 11 Ks, with that one run coming at the hands of shitty Met defense AGAIN (sounds like an oxymoron).

Santana has no wins, Jon Rauch has 3... which again goes to prove that W-L is one of the most worthless stats for a pitcher.

When does one officially become worried about Strike Davis? Another 0 for 2 tonight and it got to the point where Terry Collins had to send up Justin Turner for him in the 7th. Slumps are slumps, I just hope he's not hurt.

And speaking of hurt, I'm sorry to see Bay AND Pelfrey land on the DL. Yeah part of it is addition by subtraction but I was hoping Pelf could turn it around.

I'm not going to mention Reyes. He got his contract, good for him. That's all I've got to say about that.

Game 17: Mets 2, Marlins 1

2012 Mets record: 9-8


1 comment:

  1. Johan's next start will be on Sunday in Colorado. There's no way the Mets won't score for him there, right? Why are you thinking so much before answering?

    ReplyDelete