Tuesday, May 22, 2012

SPOILER ALERT!

Hi loyal reader(s), I'm back after a two-week sabbatical. I don't really see myself as a writer so I guess I just had "block."

I don't think I've missed much with my daily Mets recaps, with them going 6-7 during my hiatus. More on them later.

My post tonight is going to deal with my other two teams - the New York Giants and the New Jersey Devils.

It's funny that the team I love the most of the three has been the least successful in terms of championships. The Mets have only won the World Series twice (Pre-Joo in 1969, and of course in 1986) while the Giants have won the Super Bowl four times, and the Devils have skated with the Stanley Cup three times.

What amazes me is not just how many times they've won but WHEN they won. Sure the Mets won in 1986 but I was on the verge of turning 11 and not really getting baseball. The Giants not only won in the 1986 season but also the 1990 season (thanks Norwood), as well as the recent triumphs over the fucking Patriots. The Devils won in 1995 (the lockout really soured me on hockey) and in 2000 and 2003, so you could say my "adult" life has been blessed in terms of football and hockey. Shit, the Devils are two wins away from ANOTHER Stanley Cup finals.

I absolutely feel spoiled when it comes to those two sports. Not that I don't relish the victories but a Mets WS win is going to be that much sweeter if and when it happens again. I don't know much but I know Frank Francisco won't be around when it does. Fuck that guy with Thor's hammer.  And his cock.

Game 43: Mets 3, Pirates 2

Mets 2012 record: 23-20

No comments:

Post a Comment