Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fuck Blackouts

I really don't understand the Fox Saturday blackouts. What's the point? Why in today's age of technology should I be limited to a regional game? Shouldn't fans be encouraged to watch teams they normally wouldn't? Don't force the Brewers-Giants game on me, give me a choice of what to watch. The Orioles are playing well, I'd love to watch them on a Saturday afternoon. Fuck you MLB, for ditching your nationally televised Game of the Week in favor of a quick buck from Fox. And fuck you Fox, for telling me what I should watch and blacking out everything else. Fuck you with the rustiest of nails.

It's 2012 - give us the choice or at least give us a non-regional game. That's how you promote the game. That's how you promote teams not named the Yankees or Red Sox.

At least with football, I can find a link (that might or might not be legal) to the Giants game. But with Saturday baseball, Fox clamps down like a fucking pitbull. I wound up streaming the audio from today's Dbacks-Mets game, and while I love the WFAN coverage, give me the choice of TV or radio. I paid for MLB.tv, I should get the tv part every single day.

Anyway, as for today's game... the Mets scored four runs for Johan Santana for the second straight start and the bullpen actually saved this one, earning Santana his first win since September of 2010. I stand corrected on Andres Torres - he's been outstanding since his return from the DL. He's played in five games and had a hit & RBI in all five.

Game 27: Mets 4, Diamondbacks 3

Mets 2012 record: 14-13

No comments:

Post a Comment